They loved their valentines.
A little while ago Dandelion's school newspaper published a request for help with an upholstery project. I noticed that the contact person was Dandelion's teacher, so I asked about it. They needed one of their child-sized foam couches slip-covered. The vinyl cover had some rips in it and needed to be replaced, but the replacement cost was almost as much as a new couch and they didn't want to trash the couch's foam guts, which were just fine. I don't have a picture of the original, but here's what I did with it.
Because the old cover was falling apart I took out all the stitches and used it as a pattern for the new cover. I also opted to reuse the old zipper since it was still in good shape (that's the blue line running parallel to the floor). I think it turned out well, and I was glad to do something to save money and improve my kid's school.