06 April 2009

A good Wagon

I'm a little bit in love with my garden wagon. Here's a picture of the kids enjoying a ride in it last year at the girls' birthday party.


The kids couldn't get enough. My dad (and most of the other grown-ups in attendance) pulled the kids on ride after ride, snaking their way all over the back yard.

These days, you're not as likely to find my wagon full of children. No. But you would very likely find it full of stuff like this:


Over the past month I've gathered enough rocks from my yard to fill this wagon several times over. I've been moving them from inconvenient places to a kind of staging ground where they will wait for me to put them to a use that won't result in more yard work. Anyway, I'm so glad to have this wagon, because it does save me a lot of time and effort.

At the egg hunt on Saturday, we saw a wagon very much like our own. But it wasn't full of garden scraps. It was full of kid stuff, and it was yellow.


Ah versatility. Now I think I love it just a little bit more.

No comments: