22 March 2009

North Carolina

On Thursday, we departed for North Carolina to visit Matthew's family. The total driving time between St. Louis and Blowing Rock is something like 11 hours (without any kind of delay or pit stop), so our custom is to split the trip in half. Halfway point? Nashville. We spent the night there and finished the drive Friday. Saturday we were right back in the car to visit the girls' great-grandmother and second cousins in South Carolina.

The girls are great travelers--my favorite travel buddies actually. But even though they travel well, I was happy that today, for the first time since Wednesday, we did not spend 5+ hours in the car.

The girls have had a wonderful time with Matthew's family. So have I.

If I can manage it, I'll post some pictures soon.

No comments: