12 March 2009

Lovely Power Tools

Yesterday Barb and I went to the hardware store, and $50 later I'm pretty sure I have enough trim for my new closet.

Last night in-town family met at Joe's. Midway through an evening of talking and time-spending in advance of Barb's departure, Joe and I went to play with one of his new power tools. Here's what I tried out for the first time.


That nice rounded edge was made by a router, and that was the first time I had used it. Super. Here's the router (upside down on the table saw) with another view of the board I was working on.


It was pretty easy to use, not too noisy or dusty (but maybe that's got more to do with the wood than the router). I'm not sure if this is the right bit for the little curve I'd like to have on the trim for my closet, but if it isn't right it sure is close.

Today I'm going to try out my dad's table saw. All that lovely wood is at his house waiting for me . . . and if I get that done and the cut-to-size wood back to my house today, I might (just maybe) be ready to use the Mitre saw Joe loaned me a week ago to make the final cuts.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Terra said...

Yay for you! You are woman hear you roar!

Karin said...

jobs like that are just so mcuh more fun with the right tools, don't you think?

Mary Ann said...

Yes, much more fun with the right tools. Impossible without them. And I'm so lucky to be able to borrow them.

Karin said...

Oh yes, those neat little things are EXPENXIVE!